teaching experience

Dear all,

I am trying to gather information about people recently hired for
potentially long-term teaching positions in higher education physics (or
scince in general). In particular, I would like to find out the typical
type and extent of teaching experience they had prior to obtaining those
positions.

Is anyone aware of any surveys or studies that have already looked into
this question?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu