Re: supplementary S.I. units

Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:36:40 -0400 (EDT) "Donald E. Simanek"
<dsimanek@eagle.lhup.edu> writes:

To students, I'll usually say, "To write 12 = 1 is surely absurd.

I seem to recall that such statements are used in writing computer
programs in "BASIC"
Close, but not quite.
I think '=' means assign what is on the left what is on the right.
eg
X=X+2 means take X and assign to ti the value X+2
12 = 1 would generate an error.

Derek

Herb

--
Derek Chirnside d.chirnside@phys.canterbury.ac.nz
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Canterbury

Ph: +64 3 364 2987 Ext 7561
Fax: +64 3 364 2469
chirnsideD@mars.shirley.school.nz will find me after hours