Re: Young Physicists/animation/loudspeaker

The first reference in your situation would be a good general
encyclopedia. It should be available in most libraries. Also
something like McGraw Hill Encyclopedia of Science and
Technology, or Encyclopedia of Scientific Inventions. I do
not have these at home and the names of references may
not be exact.

Good books and good teachers (not necessarily in that
order) used to be important factors influencing high
school students. Is this no longer a case?

scott johnston wrote:

And another thing. One of my year eleven students is trying to find some
historical info on the invention of the loudspeaker (as an application of
magnetic fields), try as we may we can get nothing from the texts available
to us or from the internet. Again any help on this would be greatly
appreciated.