Young Physicists/animation/loudspeaker

Is there any interest among members of this list for talking about the
psychology of why young folks choose a technical carreer?

Or of trying to identify those youth types that should choose such a
career.

Or what can be done to bend a youth towards a career in science.
Yes, yes and yes. I would be very interested in contributions to discussion
on the above. I work in a reception to year 12 school and it fascinates me
how students choose into physics.

Also, one of the list members recently had some info on a programming
language which would produce interesting animations. Unfortunately I have
erased all signs of this from my computer. Help!

And another thing. One of my year eleven students is trying to find some
historical info on the invention of the loudspeaker (as an application of
magnetic fields), try as we may we can get nothing from the texts available
to us or from the internet. Again any help on this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Scott.