Re: IONS

Does anybody know what happens when a dielectric
material, such as glass, paraffin, or acrylic, is melted?
Is its conductivty reduced drastically? My guess is that
nothing drastic should happen to conductivities, for
example, between 10 degrees below melting and 10
degrees above melting. But I am not sure. A reference
would be highly appreciated.
Ludwik Kowalski

Chemists do a demo with a glass rod hooked up to 120 VAC.

When the rod is heated to a dull glow with a torch, enough current flows to
maintain the joule heating of the rod.

go figure!

It's no accident that stressed Chuck Britton
spelled backwards is desserts. britton@odie.ncssm.edu