new subscriber was Re: air blowing out of an old mine

Hello Crawford and all,

First, introductions. I have been a physics/instrumentation instructor at
the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton, Canada for 29
years and have been quietly lurking on this list for a few months.

I often use SciDex to help students find old articles so that was my tool
of choice. A search on 'ventilation' was more productive than 'prairie
dog'.

The complete reference:
Organisms That Capture Currents by Steven Vogel, SciAm Aug 78 p128

"A variety of species, from marine sponges to prairie dogs, have
harnessed aerodynamic and hydrodynamic forces to increase the flow of air
or water through themselves or their abodes."

Angus Cameron