Re: Didactics and Akademe

At 15:19 9/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
One must be driven towards an ideal of student capability that can
perfectly decorate one's own understanding; yet on the other hand one
demands that the very best can discard and distain one's hardest won
academic values.

I think that I agree with the above statement... but I am not sure.
Could you please rephrase it a bit?

Thanks

Herb

A great virtue of poetic speech I find, is that different readers may have
opposing ideas conjured up, yet they each can value the stimulus alike. :-)

And then again, when one commits a spelling gaffe like 'distain' for
'disdain' the reader may by then be so indulgent as to see an intentional
Freudian undergarment rather than the more pedestrian slip and slop.

However, to answer the question as plainly as I can...
Where once I craved a teacher for my children who could impart a "times
table" at the primary level (and I craved in vain), it was not an
everlasting wait before I wanted more for discussion of some logical flaw
in a piece of predigested high school academia...

Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK