From: Bob Sciamanda <trebor@velocity.net>
To: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu <phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Date: Sunday, September 13, 1998 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: Galileo's Freefall Experiment

Hi Tom,
I don't think there is any record of Galileo actually doing the
experiment, but - if memory serves me - he did offer the argument that
different objects must fall at the same rate simply because they surely
must do so if fastened together! This is a specious argument (it could
just as "logically" be applied to electric fields).
I think this is in his "Two New Sciences".

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (ret)
trebor@velocity.net
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor