Re: Galileo's Freefall Experiment

Hi everyone,

A excerpt of Galileo's _Two New Sciences_ is available in the Project
Physics text. I have one of the 1970 editions. The discussion is found
on pp. 43-46. I have used this passage in my class as an example of the
different ways that Aristotle and Galileo approached the process of
science. I have a group activity in which my students read this passage,
translate it into modern language, and answer some questions about it.
It think it works pretty well.

I will try to cut-and-paste the text into an email message later today.
If that file is on my home computer, that is.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson | Powered by Linux | Check out:
Henry Sibley High School | | http://www.redhat.org