Re: Netscape SOS

Following the advice from CG (in a private message) I increased the
cache
to 2048 kb (my computer has 64 Mb of RAM) and no more freezes, SO FAR.
Will let you know in couple of days if SO FAR can be eliminated.

The CG also adviced to turn the virtual memory off. I stick to the "one
thing
at a time" approach. Will follow this advice if troubles reappear.

Thanks CG ! I am protecting your privacy. Can you explain, to all of us,
why
the size of the cache can lead to freezings? My impression was that one
would
increase the cache to make browsing faster, not to prevent freezes. Also
why
virtual memory can cause troubles.

Ludwik Kowalski