Re: Galileo painting

Over the years I kept a collection of digitized images of great scientists.
My students loves it... or they like my enthousiam while describing them.

In Florence, the IMSS gives a small picture of a wall painting (fresca) of
Galileo demonstrating the inclined plane. Does anyone have an higher
resolution image ?

I've try several time to contact them without success.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Rice University maintains the
'Galileo Project', a hypertext source of info on the life and work of
Galileo. The URL is

http://es.rice.edu/ES/humsoc/Galileo/

The site has a lot of images, though I do not know if it has the one you
seek.

Dave Seely
Department of Physics
Albion College