The N.Y. Times College Program

The following message was received from:

Sam Cacas
Science Guide Editor
The N.Y. Times College Program
samwriter1@aol.com=20

----------
Dear Science Professor:

Since 1997, The New York Times College Program has published guides to
assist college and university professors around the country in using The =
New
York Times as a teaching tool in their classrooms. Previous guides have
covered, Business, Economics, Marketing, Advertising, Political Science =
and International
Affairs.

With that in mind, I would like to invite you to submit a written
contribution on how you (or a colleague you care to recommend) use The New
York Times as a teaching tool in your Science course.

Accepted contributions will be used in the upcoming "Science Guide" of The
New York Times College Program series which will be published in December
1998. Currently, I am looking for contributions in all hard science areas =
=FB
excluding social science areas. While we cannot offer compensation for =
your
submission, you and your institution will enjoy an enhanced reputation as =
result of being mentioned in a New York Times publication which will be
distributed nationwide.

If you do not already use The New York Times but will definitely be using =
it
beginning January 1999, this invitation still holds. If you would like =
more
information, please e-mail me at samwriter1@aol.com. Below is a sample of
an actual submission that will appear in The Business & Economics Guide.