Re: I need a program

This must be a common task. I know big graphic programs, like
Photoshop, can do this but I do not want to learn about another
monster. My big pictures are produced on a scanner. Can somebody
recommend a freeware (or shareware) Mac program to make
short (poor resolution) files from long image files. Contact me in
private. Tell me what you know about the program. Thanks. I am
using OS 8.1 on my AV Mac 8500. And the newest version of
Netscape Communicator.

for the Mac the best shareware solution is GraphicConverter by Thorsten
Lemke. It is $35 if you continue to use it. Although I have PhotoShop 5.0 I
use GC on a regular basis. It has very powerful batch conversion and
thumbnail features amongst others. His site is http://www.lemkesoft.de .
The program is also available at all the usual Mac shareware sites.

Alan