Re: "Terminal click mode" problem with Zip drives

I have been using several models of the ZIP drive for a little over 2
years now. I remember the "threads" {Do we still call them threads?} on
problems with ZIP drives from some time back. When I first saw the notes
about these problems, I tried to reproduce them. I thought I was
successful --- so successful that I could not get the drive working on
re-boot. When I called iOmega they said that they kenw that there were
some problems but had been unable to trace them. Part of their problem
was "that they only were using the current drivers and saw no need to go
back to outdated drivers to find outdated problems." This made such good
sense that I immediately downloaded their current drivers for both MAC &
WIN and had no further anomalies.
{ See http://www.iomega.com/product/zip/index.html }
{ or for information on all of their products }
{ http://www.iomega.com/toc/index.html }

The most recent set (v5.xx) really seems to have a much better set of rule
for entering and exiting the sleep state. I'm told that this is also true
for the newest JAZ drivers and that this (together with some engineering
fixes) has solved the problem for JAZ drives which are used as a full
time, on-line, primary storage drive.