Re: PHYS-L Needs New Owner and New Home!!

Hi all,
I understand the need for all people to to keep receiving e-mail
and think the e-mail and web archiving is the best way to go. I have
experience with this from my research collaboration, PHENIX. We use one
form CERN and usually their stuff is free. I can research it, but there
are two catches, (1) I am only a graduate student and no resources to run
it and (2)my qualifying exams are this next two weeks so I cannot not look
into anything until after it. If anyone wants to persue it (please only
one person), e-mail Dave Morrison (dave@bnl.gov) or Brant Johnson
(brant@bnl.gov) asking what PHENIX uses. However, they are preparing for
a review of the project so they may not answer our questions fully until
after this. If you want to check things out before you write or we
decide, look under the list archives at http://phenix.rhic.bnl.gov
(another advantage to web hooks is the archiving).

Sam Held

sheld@utk.edu

P.S. It just occurred to me that the people at the RHIC Computing Facilty
(RCF) could help also and you can access them through
http://rcf.rhic.bnl.gov