CBL-TI question

I've run into two problems using the TI-82 and CBLs which I wondered if
anyone knows the answers:

1) I've got a TI-82 with the tip of a link cable broke off inside the
calculator; how can I get the broken tip out? (I heard a discussion of this
somewhere but don't recall what the solution was.)

2) Sometimes when a program fails you get the 1. GOTO and 2. Exit choices.
When this happens to a student I can't seem to keep them from going to some
part of the program where they inevitably erase part of the program. Is
there any way to keep this from happening? (is it possible to lock the
programs? or disable the GOTO? )

kyle

kyle forinash 812-941-2390
forinas@indiana.edu