Re: Sulphur hexafloride

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Eric T. Lane wrote:

A physics demonstration personality wants to use sulpher hexafloride to
demonstrate the opposite of the helium squeeky voice effect. He breaths
in a lungfull of SF6 and his voice sounds gruff as he speaks.

His question is where can he get SF6, hopefully reasonably cheaply, or a
reasonable substitute high density gas that won't harm him.

We get ours from BOC Gases. Cheap it is not! I just paid $1800
(!!) for a cylinder. Don't know what a lecture bottle is going for.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College