Sir Arthur C. Clarke

Dr. Marlow, you seem to be stuck on a few offhand comments that were made
only with the intent to express a concept. It is easy to debate an item when
you avoid the concept and focus on abstract comments designed to express a
point. I must point out in rereading the original post it would seem that
Sir Arthur has a very skeptical view of cold fusion but is merely
reiterating that nothing is impossible and that cold fusion would be a very
important advancement.

Asimov once discussed harnessing, in the orbit of the earth, a miniture
black hole. Then by feeding it matter, mostly our waste, and capturing the
energy on the manifold we could power a hundred worlds! I dare you to call
Asimov an idiot. Asimov was one of the greatest minds this world has ever
known. Yet, if you asked Isaac what the real value of this most bizarre idea
was he might affirm that though it may never be possible, to stop imagining,
to stop trying, to stop dreaming is to stop being a scientist and to start
being a technician.

Merlin