Re: Arthur C. Clarke on Cold Fusion

Hi all-
Chuck Britton writes:
Muon mediated 'cold' fusion was demonstrated and published before Pons and
Fleishmann did their thing. It just isn't practical. The muon researchers
were also in Utah, if I remember correctly, and some thought that Pons &
Fleishmann rushed things to BEAT a muon breakthrough.

It's no accident that stressed Chuck Britton
spelled backwards is desserts. britton@odie.ncssm.edu
*************************************
Hi Chuck-
Close. It was at Berkeley and I was there. People involved were
Alverez, Stan Cohen, and a bunch of others. It was all published in Phys.
Rev. It would be much too dreary to recount the sordid details.
Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography