Re: Distance Learning

"JACK L. URETSKY (C)1998; writes:

Herb Gottleib asks:
If the complete genome code has promise of being cracked
during our lifetime, is the complete solution of the even simpler
educational problems impossible?
**********************
Sorry, Herb, but your analogy totally escapes me.
What is the relationship between the problem of cracking the
genome code and that of solving educational problems?

The "art" of teaching and learning will become a science
when we understand more about it. In science fiction
we read about teaching machines that clamp to the
head and takes seconds to transfer information.
Now it may take more than 12 years for the same transfer.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where taking a trip to the moon wasn't thought possible
when Henry Hudson and the Half Moon sailed up the Hudson river)