Re: DISTANCE LEARNING

On 20 Jun 1998 15:31:39 Hugh Haskell <hhaskell@mindspring.com> wrote:

... What bothers me is those politicians, school board members, and yes,
even school administrators who see DL as a way to cut costs. If they
think that this is a way to educate the students in their charge on the
cheap, they are going to seriously shortchange their students ...

The most reasonable way to proceed would be to experiment with DL in a
limited number of schools, no more that 10%, and wait about ten years
before the green light (or the red light, depending on the outcome) is
given to everybody else. But it will not happen this way because the
"competitive edge" philosophy is against it. I may not like this but
reality does not care about my sentiments or thinking. It works through
individuals but it evolves in its own ways. As in a gas container placed
on a hot plate.
Ludwik Kowalski