Re: End (?) of email question

Hi folks,
One last point sort of related to this and then it can die. There
have been hacker attacks that I know of at SLAC, Tom Jefferson Lab,
Brookhaven Nationl Lab, Oak Ridge National Lab, Vanderbilt, and Rice
University. So to protect myself against the hackers' sniffers (that
captures your username and password), I have moved to a secure shell (ssh)
login. That is a 128 bit encryption security on my username and password.
Now, I was wondering if this can also be used to protect downloading
e-mail? I was one who suggested IMAP so I am wondering about it? I am
asking the ssh people but have not heard back yet. It is not free but
there is a nice demo if anyone wants the info let me know. Just in case
you wondering the attacks seem to be related to security holes in Linux
RedHat 5.0 (now corrected in 5.1) and users using the same username and
password on duplicate machines. So let that be a warning to all, the
administrators aren't joking around when they tell you not to do that.
Let the religious discussions continue via personal e-mail unless people
are bored because school is out. 8-)

Sam