active noise control

I am in the market for a set of headphones for use when cutting my
lawn using a noisy lawnmower. I want them to incorporate active
noise control and be capable of having a signal from a walkman
added to the signal so I can listen to music or radio as I mow.
I've found a unit that looks somewhat like it will do the job in
the 1998 Arbor Scientific catalog for $69, a great deal - if it
works!

Has anyone out there had any experience with such devices or this
particular device? I would appreciate a recommendation or direction
to another dealer. I'm not interested in avionic devices; they are
quite predictably overpriced.

Leigh