From: James Mclean <jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu>
To: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu <phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Date: Thursday, June 18, 1998 12:20 AM
Subject: email question (was The HTML Experiment)

As long as there's a discussion about email program choices...

Both Netscape email and Eudora seem to have one serious problem - but
perhaps there's a solution someone could tell me about.

I read my mail from both my office and my home. I am not always able to
read all my mail at a single sitting, and I often want to leave messages
sitting there so that I can reply later. I imagine that this is very
common.

Since these mailers both download all the email to local disk before
reading, I am left with two options:
1) Leave a copy of the emails on the central computer, and when I am
done
reading go into another mailer on the central computer and delete the
ones
I have just read... if I can remember which ones they were.
2) Don't leave a copy on the central computer, and have saved emails
stashed randomly about in computers that cannot reach one another.

Neither of these options is the least bit desirable. Is there a
solution?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu