Re: The HTML Experiment

Can any mailer produce and send a .pdf file AND a text file at the same
time such that essentially everyone can read it w/o grief ie garbled
screens??? -- as EP401 and maybe Ludwik's Netscape etc can???

No mail application can do that, of course. I'm not proposing a
mail application; I'm proposing an application for exchanging
physics documents such as I frequently want to use. Such
documents would contain mathematical formulae and graphics in
addition to text in Latin and Greek fonts. I am unfamiliar with
EP401, but I don't think Netscape Navigator can do that. What
are the additional html capabilities that cannot be conveyed in
straight text? Ornaments are not enough. That underline which I
did not see but which was visible to html users - what
information did it convey, and how would straight text users
read that information? I'm reminded of the NTSC compatibility
requirement for color television rather than your beta example.

Leigh