Re: The HTML Experiment

What about the mailer which comes with the Netscape communicator? What
about Eudora (not Eudora pro)? Are they as good as eudora pro, in terms
of what was described by Jim?

Eudora Light is an advert for Eudora Pro. It will receive formatted
email, but it won't either produce or forward it. I don't consider
html to be worthwhile for scientific communication (formulae, etc.)
because not everyone has access to it, nor expertise to use it.

Adobe Acrobat Exchange (.pdf = portable document format) is widely
used, cheaper than Eudora Pro, and, like html (which has Netscape)
has a free reader (Adobe Acrobat). Using Exchange one can produce
documents with any application and include, in addition to
mathematical formulae with arcane orthograpies, graphical material
- even color photographs - more easily than it can be done in html.
I have promoted .pdf in this group before; I still urge you all to
give it a try.

Leigh