Re: FUN: high-speed electrostatic air-threads

Bill: Aren't we talking about a mini-bolt of lightning? I always assumed
that this was a corona discharge due to electrical breakdown of the
insulating properties of the air. In that case a narrow stream would be
expected because the slight warming in the vicinity of breakdown would
increase the conductivity in the neighboring warmer air....or am I on
another page? Karl