Brahe -> Kepler -> Newton 'factoids'

Zell writes:
As for knowing the historical development of Newton's mechanics, I'm far
from an expert, so I just did some reading in Feyman's lectures. Feynman
stated that Newton used Kepler's 2nd and 3rd laws to deduce (Feynman's
word) the law of gravitation. If Feynman's reading of history is
correct, K's laws, rather than being only an interesting stop in the
development of Newton's law of gravitation, were crucial to its
development. That being the case, would it not be useful for students to
be shown how Kepler's analyses of Brahe's observations were used by
Newton to deduce a physical model. Moreover, as the logic behind the
demonstration would loosely follow Newton's logic in deducing the law of
gravitation, would we not preserve the integrity of the experience for
the students?

I am interested in seeing a development of this 'history' into a unit
for a current classroom of, say, 10th graders in a first course with no
more than an Algebra 2 background. Understanding Brahe's observations
might be used to motivate kinematics, computer modeling of the data
might make a nice introduction to developing alternate representations
(what we see in the sky, what lists of numbers tell us, what graphs of
dependent/independent variables tell us, what closed forms tell us, what
color coded representations of data tell us, etc) and follow this with
interpreting and generalizing the resulting "Kepler's Laws" to the
"Newton's Laws".

Can one find Brahe's data online? And can someone point me toward a
useful history of Kepler/Newton in this regard?

Thanks,

Ed Eckel
edeckel@erols.com