Re: Ice cream scoops

Leigh,
Sorry, but I goofed. I hope that people did realize the very
obvious mistake that the melting point should be above 0 Celsius. You
want something similar to salting roads during snow storms, you effect the
freezing point. So this liquid should have a large specific heat such
that they don't give up their heat very easily. I am surprised you have
never seen these scoops before. Try going to the local ice cream stand
and see if their scoops swish when you shake them. They sell them at
the supermarket here and in specialty cooking stores in the mall.

Sam Held
sheld@utk.edu