RE: Forced damped pendulum

I suspect that worrying about types of damping, non-linear terms, and
using Lagrangians is way off base for this high school student. I think
referencing a source on solving the normal DSHM equations would be
sufficient.

I would recommend:

MECHANICS, by Symon, Addison Wesley, 1960 (also 1971), p 47 +

or a book by Becker -- I can't find mine -- who borrowed it??

or I suspect most classical mechanics books (Marion?) etc. will handle
the solution particulars of the resulting DSHM differential equation.

I hope this helps.
Oren Quist, SDSU