Re: Physics Handouts and worksheets

I am attaching a revision of my study-tips handout (probsolv.html) which
you are welcome to use if you wish. I have material from 3 courses
<cut>
welcome to copy anything (of mine) you wish from those pages. They can
all be reached from my home page,
http://www.physics.udel.edu/~barnhill/
<cut>
Maurice Barnhill, mvb@udel.edu

I am currently running an Eisenhower workshop for 16 HS Physics teachers,
and we intend to burn a CD-ROM at the end of the session (late June) with
SW related to our workshop and SW of general interest to Physics teachers.

If anyone on PHYS-L would like to volunteer shareware software (Mac or PC)
or lesson materials or directions to downloadable SW appropriate for HS/intro
physics teaching or the support thereof, I would like to receive that
information.

I will burn the CD-ROM for my workshop teachers, and I will establish and
maintain a physics teaching ftp site and web page listing this SW that
PHYS-L readers can access as well. I hope to amass a sufficient collection
that AAPT might be interested in printing and distributing the collection
at cost on CD. Turning an ftp site collection into a CDROM is not difficult.

I will have some of my students search the web and the obvious (Cairns,
TIPTOP, PhysLink, etc) sites for appropriate materials. The collection could
be mirrored (easily) after it is established. It may be that there already
are free collections online that we can make use of in this way.

So if you have favourite software that can be shared at no cost with physics
teachers and you are willing to contribute this to the online physics
teaching community, please email me a brief description of the SW and how
to get it at danmac@nau.edu.

Thanks in advance,

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac