Polarization of IR

A student of mine and I are working on an experiment of light Itensity as
a function of angle or rotation of polarizing filters using a Pasco light
detector and some basic (plastic)polarizers. To our eye all works well.
Not to the diode which responds well to IR.
Troubles we are having lead us to believe that IR does not (easily)
polarize. Is that true? If so, why not? I have not found a useful
explanation
in any of my basic texts.

Thanks for any help.

Ken Fox