Re: POLARIZATION

A couple of years back, Ron Tyroler, the demo manager at UC Berkeley,
showed me a mechanical model of polarization which illustrates circular
polarization. It is operated by turning a crank which operates a camshaft
that moves rods up and down and back and forth. It was an old apparatus
and I do not know where it came from. I haven't found it in current
manuals. There are little white balls on the tips of the rods which are
meant to move the way the electric (or magnetic) field does.

Charlie Crummer