Re: Physics is a human construct

In essence, Penrose argues that a computer
could not simulate human consciousness
because the mind is not a digital device.

I'd have to say you missed the point. His argument (convincing to me) is
that a machine can never be said to understand anything, though it may
give answers to many problems. I can recommend Shadows of the Mind, in
which Penrose uses a cleverly chosen Goedel example that we can
understand, but which no algorithmic-driven computer could. He also
speculates on how the mind/brain differs from any possible computer.

Bob Estes