Re: POLARIZATION

Let me correct the error I see as I read my own message. Ellipses can not
become circles because the ellipticity (b/a) is determined by the shape
of the bar's cross section. A bar whose cross section is a square has
v1=v2 and polarization of the mechanical wave is identical along the
length. This correction is trivial, it does not decrease the value of
the analogy.