Re: Printer

We bought an HP722C for use at home. At its highest resolution
setting (which is also its slowest setting), it produces photographic
quality color images. In its economy (fastest) mode in black only, it's
a little faster than our old Epson 1400 laser printer (5 ppm for the
HP, 4 ppm for the Epson). The color isn't very good in economy mode,
though. I'm usually satisfied with the "normal" mode for color
printing and have used it for our Astronomy Club newsletter. The only
gripe I have is that the software doesn't seem to know how to deal with
the Zip drive and will lock up the computer occasionally. If I have
a problem, I have to reboot the computer without the Zip drive, do my
printing, and then reboot again. However, the print quality is superb,
especially on the special "photo"-type paper.

Steve Luzader

Jim Green wrote:

Oh Great Wizards:

I need a printer -- my new installation of WIN95 doesn't like my IWII (:-).
However, all the HP and Epson ink jet printers seem not quite good enough
for color. -- why get something good enough for dummy runs if one has to go
to a real printer for the final product???

But I just saw a Canon BJC-7004 Color Bubble Jet Printer which knocked my
socks off.

Comments?????

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com