Re: Scientific Word Processors

Eric Werwa wrote:
Scientific Workplace is a software package that provides a WYSIWYG editor
and Latex document formatting. Equation editing is similar to what you find
in Word except that it is built in to the software and can be used for
solving with Maple. (And equation editing always works for me in Scientific
Workplace, unlike the equation editor in my newest version of Word). All
kinds of images are easily inserted into documents, although they must be
kept in separate files that the Latex compiler can find. This has the
benefit of not bloating files, which seems to happen if you import images in
Word (I learned this while writing my thesis).

It is a product of TCI software research and Brooks/Cole Publishing. I think
there is a web site out there with more information on the product, but I
don't know the URL.
I don't use this, but I know the url:

http://www.tcisoft.com/products/ann25.html is on place.

I have a book on Creating Documents with Scientific word and scientific
workplace by Roger Hunter and Susan Bagby. Seems well supported.

Derek

--
Derek Chirnside d.chirnside@phys.canterbury.ac.nz
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Canterbury

Ph: +64 3 366 7001 Ext 7561
Fax: +64 3 364 2469
Home: DCandPC@netaccess.co.nz