Re: common denominator

Jerome Epstein <jerepst@worldnet.att.net> writes:
I am also teaching (adjunct) at a two year college of CUNY, but in the
day. One section of physics and one of astronomy. My experience does
not match that of Herb Gottlieb. In the physics class (2nd semester
general, non-calc physics), most are reasonably motivated but very
poorly
prepared.

During the day classes, I also found students to be poorly
prepared as well as hardly any motivation.

It was in the evening classes where highly motivated
older students came after a full day's work. Many
had dropped out of college and were determined
to get the degree that would mean professional
advancement.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we have a different breed of students in the evening classes)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]