Re: Unsubscribe temporarily?

do you know how to unsubscribe? please tell me.<

When you subscribe to a list. The list usually immediately sends you
facts about the list, including how to subscribe & unsubscribe.
Technoliterate people have a special folder where they =

save such messsages, nudge, nudge. ;-)

Here it is - with my password deleted. =

(I trust you can find the unsubscribe info near the bottom.):

Welcome to list PHYS-L (phys-l@mailer.uwf.edu). The system has recorded
your address as

Bill_Larson@compuserve.com

and it is required that you send your postings from that address, unless
the
list does not require subscription for posting.

The list's owners are rsmith@gulf.net rsmith@uwf.edu .

You should contact them if there are any problems.

Please do not send requests to this list; instead direct them to:

listproc@mailer.uwf.edu

The system has assigned you an initial password:nnnnnnnn
You may change it by sending the following request to
listproc@mailer.uwf.edu:

set PHYS-L password nnnnnnnnn <new-password>

WARNING: You should NOT use your login password as this is not a secure
mechanism.

This password is to be used when connecting to this server over Internet
for interactive processing of requests (send a 'help live' request for mo=
re
information)
or when when you wish to change the address you are subscribed with.
In this case, issue the following request to listproc@mailer.uwf.edu:

set PHYS-L address nnnnnnnn <new-address>

To get more information on how to use this service, please send the comma=
nd
HELP in a line by itself in a mail message to listproc@mailer.uwf.edu.

To signoff from the list, email to listproc@mailer.uwf.edu with the
following request:

signoff PHYS-L
or
unsubscribe PHYS-L

Here is an additional feature that many subscribers find useful. You can=

set your PHYS-L subscription to MAIL=3DDIGEST, and ListProc will send you=

just
one message a day, with all PHYS-L messages clumped together. This way,
you
have just one message to deal with instead of 20 or 30 individual message=
s.
The downside is that many times you want your mailing handling software t=
do specific things with individual PHYS-L items, and this is more difficu=
lt
to accomplish when the item of interest is buried in a lengthy digest.

If you want to configure your subscription this way, send the following t=
ListProc@atlantis.cc.uwf.edu:

SET PHYS-L MAIL DIGEST

If at a later time you want to return to the individual message format, t=
he
command is

SET PHYS-L MAIL ACK
=