Re: refrigerator

My asking was stated in the way it was. I have asked for a reference (the title
of the article and the Revue where appeared).I thought that here on the list
people
read various things besides everyday teaching and that someone fond of
refrigerators and could suggest a reference. That was my question, if you read a
message carrefully.

I quoted for fun the situation I found when I browsed through thirty years of
American Journal Physics and twenty years of The Physics Teacher. The best
article I found was one from 1979 where the experiment for measuring efficinecy
of refrigerator was described. I am familiar with all reversal Carnot cycles and
all the stuff from other articles I also have read. About the topic I prepare
the number is about twenty
and I do not think that I did not do my homework. I wanted to show that it is
quite hard to find simple data about working cycle of a real refrigerator like
what is material which is needed for isolation and the gass which expands etc...
I did not mean that someone post me the answers, of course.
And I also thing that this data are not uninteresting for physiscs teachers. At
least I would like to give some real data to my students, when I
have lecture on heat engines.

I have a very good library (we have everything from Japanese Journal of Applied
Physics to Crystallographia and JETP as well as Physical Revue and Zeitschriften
Physik.....) on my working place.
But as far as I know is pretty useless to look for references without a scope
where to find them. The serach for keywords can lead to completely nonrelevant
articles. If you would like to know something about free standing films of
liquid crystals or about elipsometry
I would immediatly tell you two or three references or even could send you the
article without any search. Since I am working with this stuff I can suggest
the reference which has the most relevant data in the most kind form. But I do
not work with refrigerators and I thought that someone from the list could
suggest me the reference he once read and found usefull. I did not mean that
someone do the search for me.

And it is funny when a student post a question, please solve F=ma instead of me,
he got hundred of
patient answers but for my question I got an answer that stated I did not do my
homework. Funny...

Dr. Mojca Cepic
Faculty of Education
Ljubljana
Slovenia

P.S. Sorry for writing directly to the list but in the mess I got through my
mailer I could not find your mail address.