Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 02:06:48 -0000
From: John Halbig <john@garage.com>
Subject: TidBit - Quantum Computer Simulation Mac ONLY

This tidbit is from:

Steve Husty, <husty@mail-fair.ivv.nasa.gov>

I got this information from the excellent Mac news resource MacInTouch
(www.macintouch.com). There is an item there about a quantum computer
simulation from a company called: Artiste
<http://www.ar-tiste.com/index.html>. For those who don't know, a quantum
computer is *possibly* the future of computing architecture. Instead of
using the flow of electrons through gates as switches....electrons
themselves become switches....reducing the "size" of components by a
magnitude of approx. 1000 times. There is a good article at the San Jose
Mecury <http://www1.sjmercury.com/scitech/center/quantum0428.htm>.

For all you quantum mechanic, computer nerds and physics profs who love
the Mac, give this software a shot. Like all good Mac software authors,
there's a demo! :)

(Note: I am in no way affiliated with Artiste....I just think Quantam
Mechanics and Macs are WAAAY COOL!!)