Re: refirgerator

Dear colleagues!

Few month ago your information and referneces were very helpfull for
the preparation of an important (for me) lecture.

Now, I am writting again on the same problem. I was asked to prepare
a lecture for physics teachers in primary and secondary school about
heat engines as a part of seminaire about energy and entropy.
I will describe some funny heat engines like a drinking bird and
light mill, but I want to discuss also some more common things like
ordinary refrigerator. They will also make some efficiency measurements
and such things. Coming to refrigerator, I could not find data, I need
for a crude quantitative picture of the cycle. As far as I know, the
the gass (which one) is expanded adiabatically below the trasition tempraTURE
to the liquid state (the latetnt heat?) and that it is heated on the cold
side to evaporate again.

So, I am asking you for a refernce where I could find some data like the
latent heat and maybe something else like typical termal conductivities
of refrigerator walls and such things. I have checked the Americal Journal
of Physiscs and The Physics Teacher database, but the most promissed
articles did not give me the data I wanted.

Thanks in advance

Dr. Mojca Cepic
Faculty of Education
Ljubljana
Slovenia

You might contact ASHRAE, the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration,
and Air Conditioning Engineers. Their email address is www.ashrae.org

Philip Zell
zell@act.org