From: John Mallinckrodt <ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
To: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu <phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Cc: AJMALLINCKRO@CSUPOMONA.EDU <AJMALLINCKRO@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
Date: Sunday, May 03, 1998 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: Centrifugal force

. . .
As long as I'm here, however, I might as well recast my vote for the
position that one should be able to decide for one's self how "real" or
"fictitious" one wants to consider the centrifugal force or any other
inertial force, but I'll take exception with anyone who, having made
that
decision, wants to consider the gravitational force somehow to be *any*
less or more "real."

John
A. John Mallinckrodt http://www.intranet.csupomona.edu/~ajm
Professor of Physics mailto:ajmallinckro@csupomona.edu
Physics Department voice:909-869-4054
Cal Poly Pomona fax:909-869-5090
Pomona, CA 91768-4031 office:Building 8, Room 223