Re: Centrifugal force

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Without the functioning rocket, he would know when the earth was removed!
Re-think this!

Bob,
I already thought of this. I was referring only to the technical
problem of Chuck's subsidiary experiment of detecting the tidal effect
of the earth's diverging gravitational field on the two falling objects
-- not to Donald's original experiment. It seems obvious that if the
earth were whisked away from the hovering rocket ship that no tidal
effects resulting from the earth's gravitational field could possibly be
detected, at least after the slight bump. The point I was making was
that the instrumentation would have to be sensitive and precise enough
to detect the tidal effect of the earth's gravitational field while
resting on the launch pad before it would have a chance of detecting the
tidal effect in the hovering rocket prior to the earth being whisked
away as in Donald's experiment.

Hugh Logan