Re: centrifugal force

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 Hugh Logan <hlogan@ix.netcom.com> responded to:

http://www.observe.ivv.nasa.gov/nasa/space/centrifugal/centrifugal_entry.html

The above reference (NASA educational item) is devoted to CENTRIFUGAL force.

Hugh wrote:
I started to read the NASA reference, but I became a little confused by
the discussion of centrifugal force on the page entitled "Inertial
Forces, Rotational Motion and Centrifugal Force." ....

The intent of the note was to share a resource, not to restart the thread
we had several months ago (about the reality of fictitious forces). It was
a long and contraversial thread (last Fall). I learned a lot from it and
would not mind to continue reading messages on the subject when I teach
mechanics next Fall.