Re: Zip

Folks, are there those on the list who have experienced the Iomega,
Zip-Drive Click-of-Death???

Yes, I have a nice paperweight that looks suspiciously like a Zip drive.

The "Click of Death" means the drive keeps trying to mount the zip
cartridge. After 3 - 6 minutes of this, you receive the "This disk is
unreadable, would you like me to initialize?" message (or whatever the
Wintel version is). If you are lucky, the data is recoverable by Norton or
some such utility. If not, c'est la vie.

Check out this link for more information: http://www.juip.com/cod.html and
decide for yourself.

More to the point, what has Iomega done about it?

Zip. (pun intended) I never received the rebate nor a response to
complaints, electronic or print. I gave up and bought a bigger hard drive.
A tape back-up is next.

Caveat emptor,

-- Sherry Brown

browns@eskimo.com