Re: halogen bulbs

Boy did you folks do a great job with my halogen question! I'm glad I asked.
Rarely have I learned so much with so little effort.

However, now Xenon bulbs don't seem like such a good idea after all, so what's
up with them?

An interesting footnote on halogen. Halogen car bulbs obviously run at a
higer temperature. The early ones seemed to go very quickly, but newer ones
seem to last roughly as long as a standard bulb. However, aparently in slide
projectors they all run at the same temperature and as a result the halogen
bulbs seem to last a whole lot longer. The lifetime is simply a qualitative
observation, but the temperature conclusion comes from using both sources
for slide duplication. I discovered that I could interchange standard and
halogen projectors as my light source without any need to alter my color
filtration or my exposure.