Re: Filament resistance

You took the power dissipation when incandescent, and the Rho for room
temperature. The temperature range is so large and somewhat non-linear too
that this leads to large errors.

Jones & Langmuir published this:
temp K Resistivity (micro ohm cm) (NOTE UNITS)
300 5.65
1000 24.93
2000 56.67
3000 92.04

(If you feel this critique is cogent, perhaps you would write the
publishers, as a public-service.)

Whatcott Altus OK

Brian,

Thanks for the improved rho values; I appreciate your effort finding them
and setting the record straight (por improving it). It'd still be nice to
have a geometric determination of the length of that wire spiral as well.

I agree with your and Leigh's comments. I'd feel happier if I knew the WHOLE
picture, including a correct temp for the filament (is 3000K the photo
standard?) and a better value on the diameter of the filament. As well, the
composition of the filament -- is it really just W?

At that point I'd contact the publishers. It'd be nice to suggest a complete
appropriate (and cogent :^) correction at once.

Dan M