Re: Pizza and Strapless Gowns

Nick Steph says:
These appeared originally in _The Journal of Improbable Research._

I believe that this reference should be _The Journal of Irreproducible Results_

To clarify the situation:
There are now two journals: _The Journal of Irreproducible Results_ and
_The Annals of Improbable Research_. Here's a clip from the Web site of
the second journal:

SOME BACKGROUND for those who are interested: The Journal of Irreproducible
Results was founded in 1955 by Alex Kohn abd Harry Lipkin. In 1964, George
[Scherr] got involved, becoming the Journal's publisher, a relationship
that apparently was inharmonious from the start [...deletia...]. Many
years later [1995], Alex and Marc [Abrahams, who resigned as editor of the
Journal in 1994] co-founded the Annals of Improbable Research, with Harry
as a founding editorial board member. The entire editorial staff (1955-94)
of the Journal moves to the Annals, as did most of the editorial board.

I learned this at a recent lecture by Marc Abrahams. I recomend his
lecture, if you should ever have the opportunity; very funny.

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu