Re: calc. for pre-med.?

Does anyone know of a source of information for the following question?

How many college/university physics programs require calculus as a
prerequisite for the pre- med/bio physics sequence?

Ours does, but shouldn't you be asking the question "How many
medical schools require calculus for entry to their programs?"
If the good ones do, and you wish to add the requirement for
your service course, wouldn't that be a better argument than
"Lots of other schools do it"?

I use caculus when I teach those students. They have taken it,
and especially when I do RC circuits and radioactivity I show
them that the same differential equation can be written for
both phenomena. I start that course with a practice problem
(to introduce them to our computer graded problem system) in
bacterial population growth - which uses the same equation.
Our biologists want their students to use calculus in the
first year so it will be available in upper level biology
courses. It sure makes teaching them physics a lot easier.

Leigh